Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Favorite Toddler Books


I’m in the middle of decorating my boys’ room (stay tuned). I thought it would be a great opportunity to sort through books , toys, and clothes and getting rid of stuff they’ve outgrown. I could easily get rid of most of their toys w/out shedding a single tear. However, sorting through their books made me a little sad that they are growing up so fast. Here are my top 12 favorite books to read to toddlers in no particular order:
1. Jesse Bear, What Will You Wear? By Nancy White Carlstom
2. Pajama Time-Sandra Boyton
3. Lovey Dovey-Mary Engelbriet
4. Chicka Chicka Boom-Boom-Bill Martin Jr and John Archambault
5. Piggies-Audrey Wood
6. Guess How Much I Love You-Sam McBratney
7. Mr. Brown can Moo-Dr. Seuss
8. Whose Nose and Toes-John Butler
9. Hand, Hand Finger’s Thumb-Al Perkins
10. Say Please-Tony Ross
11. Rock a Bye Farm-Diane Joyhnston
My all-time very favorite book to read to toddlers is Time for Bed by Mem Fox. Such a sweet and tender book, I always felt like I was telling my babies how much I loved them on each page.


Here's a list of my favorite picture books:
1. Fanny’s Dream-Caralyn Buehner
2. Hope for the Flowers-Trina Paulus
3. Anamalia-Graeme Base
4. The Water Hole- Graeme Base
5. Joseph Had a Little Overcaat-Simms Tabak
6. David Gets in Trouble-David Shanon
7. Oh the Places You Go!-Dr. Suess
8. I Love you the Purplest-Barbara Joosse
9. The Paper Bag Princess-Robert Munsh
10. You Are Special-Max Lucado


What are you favorite Children's Books?

1 comment: