Monday, May 16, 2011

YW Manual 3 Lesson 21

The following are some ideas I have for teaching my group of teenage girls the lesson "Learning to Share the Gospel".

I'm pretty much following the lesson manual with a few additions. I really love the idea of bringing salt in for everyone to taste and then discuss when salt loses it's flavor-it's lost everything.

My mom would send us to Vacation Bible School every summer and we'd always sing, "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine."  Such a simple sweet song with such profound message.  I'm going to talk to the girls about that song and what it means to "let your light shine".  We're going to talk about different ways to let our lights shine.

Ahead of time, I'm going to ask each girl to be prepared to tell an experience they have had in sharing the gospel.  I probably talk too much, and I wanted to give them each an opportunity to share.

Here is my handout.

To make you own, print out your bushels on tan paper (PDF for "bushels").  I used paper w/ a basket weave texture.  Then print out the back ground  (PDF for background w candle ) .  I folded down the edge of the bushel so that you could open it up and see the candle underneath. I glued on a piece of grass-printed scrapbook paper.

Here are some other of my ideas I've had while working with the Young Women.

If you have any ideas, please share in the comments below. I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment