Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Back to school Decor #2

I'm still working on my back-to school-theme for the nook. ( Check out Day 1 Here).  In that cute-one-I-saw-on-a-linky-party-which-I can't-find-now, she wrote "when's recess" on a small chalkboard.  Since I do not have a small chalkboard or any desire to go to the craft store, I thought I make up my own. 
 I painted a leftover block black.  After letting in dry, I used a pencil to write "when's recess" (can you see my marks?).  Then I used a white paint marker to go over the pencil marks.  At first, I thought it would be fun to have my youngest write it, but he is happily playing in the backyard and I didn't want to mess that up.

I have one more project to compete the nook, that I'll post tomorrow.
Please link up any of your fabulous projects here at my week long linky-party.

Linking up here.

4 comments:

  1. That's really awesome! Love it! I'm stopping in from Pink's Blog Hop. Ck me out too pls: http://bresbaubles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and am now following you via GFC

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute! Love the pencil "vase" and the chalkboard block...perfect!

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete