Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sweater Week Day 4: Updating a 9 year old sweater


I’ve had this plain brown sweater for years and years-from way back when I was a mother of 2.  I like it, but it’s boring.   
 
 I love this happy little tree fabric. I thought it would be fun to mimic the little blossoms on the fabric and  make a big blossom for my sweater. I got an e-mail from our renters in MD last night, informing us that our house has sprung a few leaks (they've had an earthquake, hurricane, tropical storm, floods, and a tornado the last 2 weeks) and so I was in need of a little happy.
I cut some petals out of fusible webbing and ironed it to the wrong side of the fabric.  Then I cut them out, ironed them down and stitched them on my sweater.
TADAA!



Check out my new earrings that my hubby brought me from Suriname.  He said they were smallest he found in the entire country. They make them out of burnt wood.

 Believe it or not, we took about a dozen pics and this was the best one.  Good thing I have no plans on being a model.
 I link up with these fabulous parties, here and here.

Like Sweater redos?  Here's 13. http://trophyw.blogspot.com/2011/09/sweater-week-day-12-sweater-refashions.html
Checkout some more of my fashion fun here.

16 comments:

  1. cute! I love the off-center placement! I'm a big fan of things asymmetrical.

    Lisa
    sewgloried.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I think you look great and your earrings are so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and the earrings are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing (stopping from Happy Hour Link Party)

    Vanina
    mother crafter - handmade happiness

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to make something old new again! I love your idea here, it's so fun! You make a great model, what are you talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job!
    ...and I think you look beautiful as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome sweet refashions! come link these up to scrappy saturdays at candacecreations.blogspot.com !

    ReplyDelete
  8. That turned out really cute. Love the earrings too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE what you did to this sweater. You have me looking around for a sweater to change.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! I love the fabric that you used for the applique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an improvement! Your up-graded sweater looks great! I hate to shamelessy promote myself, but I have a tutorial on "reverse" applique if you're interested. It's a different look, but just as easy....

    Your newest follower,
    Rikka J.
    Ricochet and Away!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your update! I have a sweater just like that, only mine is a raspberry color. I love it, but I've had it for probably 10 years. I was going to retire it, but maybe I'll just spruce it up a bit and turn it into something new now thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute, love the design and fabric you used. Thank you so much for linking up at Bacon Time, I truly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, I’m Carmen from RoCa and Company and I would like to personally invite you to our new Rockin’ link party every Friday. Now this is my kind of redo...easy and fun! I have several sweaters that need a makeover...hehehe. They better sleep with one eye open in my closet!

    So, anyway, hope to see you at our Rockin party on Friday...come on over and show us what you got...

    Thanks,

    Carmen @
    RoCa and Company
    www.rocaandcompany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This turned out really cute! What a great and inexpensive way to update some of your old things. It's as good as new.

    I just wanted to let you know this will be featured at the link party this weekend. Come by and grab a featured button, if you want. Thanks so much for sharing it! I hope you'll share some more of your great posts this weekend!

    Krista @ While He Was Napping

    ReplyDelete