Monday, May 21, 2012

Freshly Glazed Kitchen Island


I painted my kitchen cabinets last year. (read about it here).  I really wanted to paint them a color. Since we move every few years, I chose a nice safe espresso brown. I really love color, and I decided that if I  just painted the island and I could always paint it brown again before we sell.  
 If you've never used glaze before it is super easy and very forgiving and it only took about 1 1/2 hours. 
  Paint the base coat and let it dry. I spent the drying time on the phone w/ my hubby who was of course out of town, discussing whether or not my son broke his arm and whether or not I wanted to spend the night w/ 3 kids in the ER, but I recommend you skip that step.  
(like my stencil project)
Then mix the glaze according the mixing directions on the can (mine was 3 parts glaze 1 part paint). 
Tip: you don't need very much so just mix up a little bit.

 Then just brush on the glaze and then wipe off the glaze until you like the look.  Easy Peasy.




To see where I link up or to add your party, please click here.
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Awesome! Looks so good! So sorry about your son and your visit to the ER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so great! Sorry about the broken arm :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. His cast is off now, but it was a good excuse to give him a little "Mom" tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the arm is better soon! Great project however :)

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks wonderful if I didn't live in a rental I would so be doing that! So sorry about the ER tip and the broken arm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great!! Would love if you shared it at my furniture party http://www.decoratinginsanity.com/2012/05/furniture-friday-16-and-features.html
    xo...mONICa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your paint job! And that cute mom tattoo :) But I really hope your son is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no your poor son!!!!! :(

    The kitchen island is beautiful!! Love the color!

    Thank so much for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, your poor son! And poor you :). The Mom tattoo makes the cast, that's for sure. Anyway, I love the island! It turned out great. Thanks for sharing at our Handmade Tuesdays party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that island turned out so nice! i love the look it has! so sorry to hear about your kiddo's arm! thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete